Our mission is to help accelerate water startups to go from prototype to contract, by enabling startups with the training, network connections, and partnerships necessary. Our mission is to prepare them to commercialize their products and services in the competitive water market where their innovations are sorely needed.
We will be collaborating with the country’s top regional water focused business associations, innovation and entrepreneurship hubs, commercialization resources, investors, and corporations to give these water innovators a unique advantage as they bring disruptive water technologies to market.
All questions can be directed to CTOH2O@cleantechopen.org.
Benefits for Water Startups
In addition to providing our core accelerator program elements available to all participating startups, CTO-H2O selected water companies will gain access to the following:
- An exclusive cohort of industry peers from across the country
- Water commercialization curriculum and business training at the National Academies and at regional in person workshops throughout the summer
- Summer water expert webinar series
- Access to water experts through the Expert 2O request portal
- Connection to capital through investor introductions and connect event in October
- Water Prize and visibility opportunities at the regional and national levels
In 2015, the Cleantech Open saw 32.4% of National applicants in the Agriculture, Water and Waste category, more than ever before. In response, a National Water Prize was awarded for the first time in 2015, and in 2016 and we launched the CTO-H2O program to address this critical technology area and demographic.